Save the Date – June 23-24-25, 2016
USS Franklin Reunion – Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: 50 miles – Harrisburg International Airport (airport code: MDT)
- Baltimore, Maryland: 60 miles – Baltimore International Airport (airport code: BWI)
- Washington, DC: 87 miles – Ronald Regan International Airport (airport code:DCA) and 80 miles – Washington Dulles International Airport (airport code: IAD)
- (Amtrak goes to Harrisburg, then there’s a bus to Gettysburg, but the train does not go to Gettysburg.)
Hotel Accomodations: – 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, right in the heart of downtown Gettysburg!
- 516 Baltimore St. Gettysburg, PA 17325 | (717) 334-6211 – rooms will be held up to 45 days prior to the reunion and then they will open up to the public and the rooms WILL fill up, so make your room reservations asap! $125 – Thursday $145 – Friday and Saturday double bed rooms PARKING AND BREAKFAST INCLUDED!
Thursday, June 23 – check in and explore downtown Gettysburg
Friday, June 24
- 3 hour bus battlefield tour with a Licensed Battlefield Guide
- Visit Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center Civil War Museum, Film – “A New Birth of Freedom” and the Gettysburg Cyclorama
- Box lunch provided
- Optional evening “Ghost Tour”
Saturday, June 25
- Eisenhower National Historic Site with National Park Service Ranger
- Hall of Presidents and First Ladies – self guided tour
- Gettysburg National Cemetery – self guided tour
- Evening banquet with some special guests!
Want to brush up on Gettysburg?
- Ask your local librarian for any book recommendations about Gettysburg
- Google “Battle of Gettysburg”
- Watch anything on the History Channel about The American Civil War, The Battle of Gettysburg, or Abraham Lincoln
- Watch “Gettysburg” (1993 starring Martin Sheen, Jeff Daniels and Tom Berenger), adapted from the book “Killer Angels” by Michael Shaara
- Watch Gettysburg – Final Measure of Devotion, written and directed by ROBERT CHILD, available on Amazon Instant Video and Amazon DVD (Documentary told through 150th Anniversary Reenactments)
- To find your state’s monuments at Gettysburg: com and click on “Gettysburg.” There are over 1,200 monuments to explore, as well as headquarters, farms, and virtual tours.
- http://www.nps.gov/gett/planyourvisit/visitorcenters.htm – this is the National Park Service Visitor’s Center Website
- http://www.nps.gov/eise/index.htm – this is the website for the Dwight D. Eisenhower Home and Farm which we will be visiting
- http://www.gettysburgbattlefieldtours.com/gettysburg-tours/museum-hall-of-presidents-first-ladies/ – Hall of Presidents and First Ladies
- http://www.gettysburgbattlefieldtours.com/gettysburg-tours/gettysburg-tours/licensed-guided-bus-tour/ – bus tour information
- Gettysburg Group Reservations is on Facebook. You will see some groups that are touring the same places we will be touring!